TONPPAMF

The Official NPPAngband And NPPMoria Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

November 28, 2016 - NPPAngband forum has been migrated to a new host. SSL has been enabled so please use https:// if possible.

#1 2014-11-01 21:27:41

NPPAngband
NPPAngband Maintainer
Website

Object Handling Menu

We are one step closer to a playable beta...  Not too much left to go.

This is a menu that can handle any and all interaction with objects within the player's reach.  For playing on a computer, this menu will be helpful when the player needs to handle multiple commands.  When the tablet version gets up and running, this will be the main interface for inventory management.

Equipment

Inventory

#2 2014-11-03 22:14:05

CyclopsSlayer

Re: Object Handling Menu

I take it that the Red Down Arrow is 'Do Not Drop', the red X 'Do Not Destroy', the binoculars is ID'd? etc...

#3 2014-11-04 06:44:41

NPPAngband
NPPAngband Maintainer
Website

Those are the available commands for that object.  Clicking on the item will bring up the menu where the player can check off all the commands they want to verify, set squelch settings, set an object to automatically go into the quiver, etc.  I am working on that one now.

Those icons are all of the possible commands for those items.  I hope to have some better drawn icons someday.  That was me drawing basic shapes and using icons I found on the web where permission was granted for use.

For the wooden torches, the commands are, from left to right:  inspect, wield, refill, drop, destroy, inscribe, and throw.  Above that, for the potions there is a quaff icon; for the scrolls, there is a read icon; for the rations, there is an eat icon; and for the prayer book, there are browse and study icons.  Up in the equipment section, the minus sign is to take off the item.  On the floor item, there is an up arrow for pickup.  Inscribe an item, and an eraser icon will also appear to clear the inscription.

#4 2014-11-05 13:41:29

CyclopsSlayer

Cool! Excellent work.

Board footer