TONPPAMF

The Official NPPAngband And NPPMoria Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

November 28, 2016 - NPPAngband forum has been migrated to a new host. SSL has been enabled so please use https:// if possible.

#1 2016-01-02 09:09:23

hydraa

mouse movements

When clicking on a unidentified space the character moves one step towards the mouse click, make this to move the squares lighted in the light radius of the character towards the mouse click.

Add hiding navigation buttons to allow the player to single step the character (probably can be interchangeable with the targeting buttons in the sidebar.

#2 2016-01-02 17:30:56

NPPAngband
NPPAngband Maintainer
Website

Re: mouse movements

The way it works is if the square is lit, the player runs towards it.  If it is not lit, the player moves one square in that direction.  It would be kind of a cheat to allow the player to click on an unexplored area and have the game reveal the path to that spot.

One layout I am considering for the tablet interface is to have a direction key on the edge of the screen (for example a move northwest button on the upper left of the screen)

Please remember we now have double-clicks to work with now, so the on-screen clicking has much more flexibility than when the original mouse commands were made.  I am open to suggestions.

#3 2016-01-02 17:50:31

hydraa

Where I am going is that a lamp lights two squares. Moving into the unexplored space moves 1 square into that lit square.  If two squares are lit and known, the movement could move those two squares that that were lit at the beginning of the move rather than 1 of them.

Running with the keyboard sends you into unexplored territory until an interrupt happens.  A double click could be a run command as opposed to a single step command

#4 2016-02-06 20:38:58

NPPAngband
NPPAngband Maintainer
Website

Done.  Double-click has the player run in a certain direction now, so they can run through the unexplored dungeon with the mouse.

Board footer