TONPPAMF

The Official NPPAngband And NPPMoria Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

July 4th, 2018 - Registrations have been turned off due to the large ratio of spam vs legitimate discussion.

#1 2008-10-02 23:49:50

ramela

Paladin in Progress.

I've been alternating between Dwarf Priests and Dunadan Paladins. So now I'm posting my Paladin. I try to take as much notes as I can, for my own benefit and for anyone who might have a passing interest in how I do stuff.

[NPPAngband 0.5.0-BETA6 Character Dump]

Name   Orith                             Self RB CB  EB   Best
Sex    Male           Age      65 STR:  18/32 +1 +3  +0  18/72
Race   D

Last edited by ramela (2008-10-02 23:50:54)

style7,NPPAngband.png

#2 2008-10-03 02:25:24

pav
Website

Re: Paladin in Progress.

What's the deal with these two items?

j) a Hard Leather Cap of Regeneration [2,-2]
   It speeds your regeneration.
   It was a reward for your exploits on dungeon level 17.
k) a Set of Leather Gloves [1,-1]

Looks like dead weight wrt AC, and the Cap is actually harmfull due to the regen attribute...

#3 2008-10-03 03:35:39

warlin

pav wrote:

What's the deal with these two items?

j) a Hard Leather Cap of Regeneration [2,-2]
   It speeds your regeneration.
   It was a reward for your exploits on dungeon level 17.
k) a Set of Leather Gloves [1,-1]

Looks like dead weight wrt AC, and the Cap is actually harmfull due to the regen attribute...

Harmful? how so? the -2 is to AC, so it gives +0 in AC, as well as the gloves.
I guess he just got blasted upon, and don't check his equipment that often (as do I).

ramela: seems to be many coin pit quests, which is kindof booring, but gets you rich. My last game also had about 4 of them.

#4 2008-10-03 05:33:44

ramela

Regeneration increases the rate of regeneration for HP and mana, which becomes very useful for me when I'm in prolonged combats (orc pits in particular) and reduces the amount of quaffing/running away that I have to do.

In essence Regeneration trades faster food consumption for shorter rest periods and more staying power in melees. I like Regeneration.

Even if a piece of armor is totally ruined by acid, it still reduces damage from further acid attacks, so I don't bother taking them of. I also rarely bother buying armor from the shop to replace used stuff since soon enough I will find a replacement in the dungeon anyway. Except body armour, of course, since 10+ AC starts to matter to me.

Coin pits are boring but definetly worth it once you get the hang of them.

Update coming up in a few hours, then I break for the weekend.

style7,NPPAngband.png

#5 2008-10-03 08:11:10

ramela

Next up is a vault quest. I'm pretty well off with consumables, except the lack of speed potions. I'm going to risk it anyway. I'll post the current dump below so earlier post do not lose context. There is something very wrong with the Character's equipment. See if you can spot it. (Pop Quiz! wink )

I'll reveal the answer below the dump.

[NPPAngband 0.5.0-BETA6 Character Dump]

Name   Orith                             Self RB CB  EB   Best
Sex    Male           Age      65 STR! 18/100 +1 +3  +7 18/210
Race   D

style7,NPPAngband.png

#6 2008-10-06 04:23:50

ramela

Died.

Master Mystics turned out to be very quick (I thought they would be only exceedingly quick) and somehow the last one left paralyzed me and killed me. Apparently double Water Blast or 2 turns of melee from a Master Mystic is enough to knock me out.

It happend so suddenly I forgot to take the last dump for posting here. Nothing interesting happened after the latest dump, though. Just a lot of boring hanging around on dlvl 44, looking for some Damage rings for the mystics.

Next up, a Rogue.

style7,NPPAngband.png

Board footer