TONPPAMF

The Official NPPAngband And NPPMoria Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

November 28, 2016 - NPPAngband forum has been migrated to a new host. SSL has been enabled so please use https:// if possible.

#1 2005-02-21 21:12:28

NPPAngband
NPPAngband Maintainer
Website

useless, but fun link

I send people links about once a year, but this one seemed pretty different.  It is a game where you think of either a dictator or sitcom character and it guesses it.

http://www.smalltime.com/dictator.html

At first it easily figured out:

Ferdinand Franco of Spain
Rudy from Cosby Show
Cliff Claven from Cheers

Realizing I was being a bit too easy, I dug deeper into my memory, and I guess I remember pop culture much better than history....It quickly figured out:

Nichole from "My Two Dads" (I really thought I would stump it with that one)
Bailey Quarters from "WKRP in Cincinatti" (about 4 questions to figure it out)
LoriBeth from "Happy Days" (Figured it out in about five questions)
Fish from "Barney Miller" (Took about 40 questions on this one, but it eventually figured it out.  I was impressed.)

I tricked it with Derrik from "Silver Spoons", but I don't think I answered all the questions correctly.
I completely crushed this database with Clayton Runnymede Endicott III, the Governor's speechwriter from "Benson". 
I followed up with victory with the most obscure Sitcom I could remember...with the help of IMDB, I ran "Betty 1" from Quark, a science fiction parody that ran something like 8 episodes in 1977 before being cancelled.

Feeling triumphant with those last two, I retired while I had the momentum.  The most fun link I have seen in years.....

-Jeff  (Now, back to NPPAngband)

#2 2005-02-24 04:25:18

ramela

Re: useless, but fun link

Funny.

I bet I could stump it a few times by finding out how many Finnish Sit-Com characters it knows. smile

Sadly, (or gladly?) there aren't many finnish Sit-Coms.

style7,NPPAngband.png

#3 2005-02-24 07:10:53

NPPAngband
NPPAngband Maintainer
Website

How about dictators?

-Jeff

#4 2005-03-01 06:56:24

ramela

I don't think that Finland has had any dictators. Even Urho Kekkonen would propably not count as one...

style7,NPPAngband.png

Board footer