TONPPAMF

The Official NPPAngband And NPPMoria Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

November 28, 2016 - NPPAngband forum has been migrated to a new host. SSL has been enabled so please use https:// if possible.

#26 2011-12-01 00:06:55

camb

Re: Mac build

1) Can you please send me Nick's makefile?
Done.

2) You can ask the question on .oook and hopefully NIck will responsd.  Nick just compiled a special version of NPP for the comp, and AFAIK he didn't have any issues.
Done.

3) You can also try to contact Nick directly.  He is quite good about helping Angbanders in need.
Done.

4) Buy me a Macbook pro and I will get it working.
Don... whoa! You almost had me there smile

Unfortunately I'm not quite wealthy enough yet. Otherwise I would, in recognition of the fantastic work you've been doing on NPP for many years now.

Cameron

#27 2011-12-01 08:17:42

camb

Success!

Nick suggested:
>It looks like the problem is that the Cursor type and the InitCursor()
>function are 32-bit specific, which is bad for compiling in Lion.
>As I see it, your options are
>1. Follow ghengiz' advice and use console mode
>2. Find 64-bit replacements (I have failed to do this after 10 minutes of googling...)
>3. Wait for the Vanilla Cocoa port to come to NPP
>4. Don't try to compile on Lion

Things were looking grim, but it turns out that simply removing the few lines of code related to Cursor highlighting the player's position allows compilation (using a modified FAngband Makefile.osx) without removing mouse support.

Cameron

#28 2011-12-01 08:47:04

NPPAngband
NPPAngband Maintainer
Website

That's great news.  I don't quite understand what is causing it.  I was going to suggest using an older main-crb that you could compile, since I haven't made any essential changes that would prevent an older one from woroking in several months.

Board footer