TONPPAMF

The Official NPPAngband And NPPMoria Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

November 28, 2016 - NPPAngband forum has been migrated to a new host. SSL has been enabled so please use https:// if possible.

#1 2013-09-21 08:35:12

RunningAway

Pit ideas

I'm not suggesting bringing back the hydra pit.

Now that you have a wider variety of mimics, how about a mimic pit?  I think this one would be hard.

Could probably generalize this into monster type pits, so for less nasty challenges at lower depths, there could be snake pits and canine pits.  I think a dragon fly pit would be bad, a worm pit not so bad if you caught it early, and an 'I' pit would be trouble.

#2 2013-09-21 20:22:03

CyclopsSlayer

Re: Pit ideas

I seriously don't even want to think about some of the deeper Breeder's in a Pit. /shudder big_smile
There was a variant breeder, Brownie or Leprechaun iirc. Used the rogue's steal and teleport, and bred as well. Waking a pit of those could fill up a level in a couple of moves. Could tend to crash a game with "Too many objects/monsters" if you let them go for even a little while.

As to mimic pits, sure, why not, we already have coin pits. Although, something like a Raal's Tome mimic pit could be a whole new level of lethal...

Board footer