TONPPAMF

The Official NPPAngband And NPPMoria Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

November 28, 2016 - NPPAngband forum has been migrated to a new host. SSL has been enabled so please use https:// if possible.

#1 2016-02-10 10:52:39

hydraa

Import toolbar does not light buttons on hotkey toolbar

Importing a toolbar file does not light the buttons on the hotkey toolbar. 
Editing a new button will enable all the current hotkeys defined on the hotkey toolbar, including non-available items.

Note: Non available items may be preferred to have enabled on a hot key load, as the player may be assuming that those abilities will become available later, especially spells and objects that are not known at start-up.

#2 2016-02-13 19:19:44

NPPAngband
NPPAngband Maintainer
Website

Re: Import toolbar does not light buttons on hotkey toolbar

The toolbar update issue is fixed.  Thanks.

With regard to non-available items, yes.  It is an issue that I wasn't quite sure if it was worth all the trouble to handle.  I could see the player having a hotkey to quaff a potion of healing, but they might not want to bother changing it when they import for a new character.

Another issue is player spells.  For example, the player can save hotkey settings with a mage, and then load them for a priest.  Any spellcasting hotkey will have the priest spell with the same number as the mage spell. 

Does that situation need to be addressed (several days of coding), or should I just let the player work it out?

#3 2016-02-13 22:39:36

hydraa

Re: Import toolbar does not light buttons on hotkey toolbar

I think maybe only a brief blurb in the documentation would work ,so the player knows that hot key loads might react differently for different classes

Board footer