TONPPAMF

The Official NPPAngband And NPPMoria Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

November 28, 2016 - NPPAngband forum has been migrated to a new host. SSL has been enabled so please use https:// if possible.

#1 2016-03-10 07:59:40

hydraa

Game not writing files

It appears that in my current build that  the game is not able to write to the file system completely.  It is creating zero byte save files.  It is not creating a bone folder and thus its associated files.  I will check this on another computer to see if this is a local issue for some reason.

This may be were the messages below are coming from
"QIODevice::putChar: Closed device
QCoreApplication::postEvent: Unexpected null receiver
QCoreApplication::postEvent: Unexpected null receiver
"

EDIT:  Appears it may be localized to my machine for some reason, though I did what i normally do and unzip to c:\ and compile it to run it.  My other machine does not have this issue

Last edited by hydraa (2016-03-10 10:52:29)

#2 2016-03-10 21:08:17

NPPAngband
NPPAngband Maintainer
Website

Re: Game not writing files

That was the warning of the null receiver I got (see other thread).  That should be fixed.

A person also reported a null savefile over at .oook, but I have not been able to find a cause.

I just realized the bone folder will not be created upon download if it is empty.  I added a line of code to the code to ensure the bone folder is created.  Do you think that was the cause of the QIODevice error?

#3 2016-03-11 08:16:05

hydraa

Re: Game not writing files

This may have fixed the null files being created.  My bone files and save files were created properly this time.

Board footer