TONPPAMF

The Official NPPAngband And NPPMoria Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

November 28, 2016 - NPPAngband forum has been migrated to a new host. SSL has been enabled so please use https:// if possible.

#1 2016-12-07 21:41:13

Skyknight

Crash on adding new objects and monsters

I made sure to increase the fields for limits.txt, before anyone asks. Anyway, after going through error messages for the typos I'd made with the objects and monsters (specifically mixing up which color term flags use LIGHT or L, and | where it doesn't belong), I finally thought it was going to go through...only for it to stop working outright, and Windows not giving me a crash log. (Maybe I'm not looking in the right place...) The only thing I'm sure of is that it wasn't adding a new ego flag (I undid that, only to get no new results). Is there some hard limit for how high the limits.txt fields can go before overwhelming the system?

EDIT: After replacing the monster.txt file with an unedited version (and no changing of the limits.txt file), the program ran just fine. So now I'm wondering if the problem is that I just placed everything after the player-ghost templates. (Great, more onerous number shifting...)

EDIT 2: Placing the player-ghosts after everything else did NOT help. Now I'm really at a loss for what went wrong...

Last edited by Skyknight (2016-12-10 19:06:46)

Board footer