TONPPAMF

The Official NPPAngband And NPPMoria Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

July 4th, 2018 - Registrations have been turned off due to the large ratio of spam vs legitimate discussion.

#1 2011-09-28 12:54:27

Bogatyr

no new spells upon mage gaining level 50?

My mage just gained clev 50, and before he gained it he had Study of 1, and after gaining it he still only has Study of 1.  Haven't found Tenser's yet so that's a big bummer!  I wanted at least 3 spells from Tenser's... this is 0.5.3 WIP on windows 7.

#2 2011-09-28 13:51:03

NPPAngband
NPPAngband Maintainer
Website

Re: no new spells upon mage gaining level 50?

That's another big change in NPP I should have mentioned.  Tensers is only available in ironman games.  The spells are just too unbalancing.  In a normal game, it is possible to get Tensers as a quest reward.  But it is not the most common quest reward and not guaranteed to happen every game.

#3 2011-09-28 14:32:48

Bogatyr

Re: no new spells upon mage gaining level 50?

NPPAngband wrote:

That's another big change in NPP I should have mentioned.  Tensers is only available in ironman games.  The spells are just too unbalancing.  In a normal game, it is possible to get Tensers as a quest reward.  But it is not the most common quest reward and not guaranteed to happen every game.

OK well that explains it.   But what's unbalancing about it?   Tenser's now is mostly utilities from looking at player.h.   Kelek's makes the mage into a god with destruction, banish, and mass banish, I'd say that's more unbalancing (but if you ever take it away I'll make a variant just to put it back so don't even think about it! smile ).   And having pits be destruction proof takes away much of  the fun of destruction (but still is useful to eliminate all paths to the player if you just don't want to deal with them).

p.s. after many "right to the store to sell" uninteresting quest reward artifacts, I finally got Kelek's for a quest reward (my rep is perfect).  Actually got a RoS +6 or +8 from the guild so that was a good one, too.    Got a weaker Amulet of the Magi once when I had a better one in my inventory, that seems a bit like a bug.

Definitely liking npp!   Great job.

Board footer