TONPPAMF

The Official NPPAngband And NPPMoria Forum

You are not logged in.

Announcement

July 4th, 2018 - Registrations have been turned off due to the large ratio of spam vs legitimate discussion.

#1 2011-11-02 08:24:23

NPPAngband
NPPAngband Maintainer
Website

NPP next release

All,

I almost have the NPP 0.5.4 beta ready.  There were alot of issues with re-arranging code so it could accomidate both the new verb-noun commands and all of the standard verb-noun commands.  I just have 1-2 days work left before I can release a beta, but for about the next 10 days RL will take priority, which means a release in mid-November.

Please note there aren't any new features in this version, it just adds a great deal of UI support so virtually the entire game can be played with the mouse.  So even though it is a beta I (hopefully) haven't introduced any bugs to the classic interface, and the game should play perfectly normally with the keyboard and all of the classic commands you all have been using for years.

The player just now has the option of noun-verb commands as well.  This should help new players get used to the game, and reduce the painful learning curve.  The one thing that veteran players might appreciate is a new menu for interacting with objects in the backpack/equipment/quiver/floor.  So if you want to learn a new spell, you can browse all of the books and select multiple spells to learn without leaving the menu.  Or if you want to go through your equipment and examine all of your inventory/equipment, destroy a couple items, then pick up some items on the floor, you can do all that without having to leave the new object handling menu. 

Any bugs in 0.5.4 should show up pretty quickly and be pretty easy to resolve, so I plan on finalizing 0.5.4 shortly after release and then begin work on NPP 0.6.0.  NPP 060 will concentrate almost exclusively on new features.  The game, core code, and UI is going to stay the same for the forseeable future.  The one exception to that will be if Shockbolt makes a complete tileset for NPP.  His tiles are so good I would drop everything to make the coding changes necessary to put his tileset in the game.

Thanks again for all your help in keeping NPP going.

-Jeff

#2 2011-11-06 05:37:49

camb

Re: NPP next release

Hi,

Hopefully you can soon add the option of choosing your quest reward out of the N best generated. I think this will be a great addition to the game.

It may even be necessary to balance out the "always sell for 0 gold" option, since 90% of quest rewards just get immediately dumped in the street since they're worth no money. Allowing the player to choose their reward would greatly increase the incentive for completing quests.

Cameron

#3 2011-12-16 12:39:18

paboperfecto

Hey, I've actually played NPP quite a bit but finally registered today.  I've been trying out the new beta and it looks like the mouse mapping might have broken macros.  In playing a mage I routinely use the macro "\e\e\em1a*t".  This macro works for me in 0.5.3 but not in the new beta.  I use the macro and it selects the spell but it won't target for me so then I have to press "c" or "*t" to target.  I haven't tried with other classes to see if targeting still works (like with a ranger and archery) or not.  Thanks for all the effort, it's looking great otherwise.

#4 2011-12-16 14:42:02

NPPAngband
NPPAngband Maintainer
Website

Thanks for the feedback.  I know what is wrong there, and I am working ideas for how to best fix it.  I am putting all my energy into the tileset right now but I will get the macro/keypress issues fixed soon.

Board footer